6 Easy Steps Of Writing Product Descriptions That Sell
Can you make people believe in the facts with the help of your creative writing? Is it even possible? Can you entice the readers or buyers to click ‘Buy’ the respective product?
Definitely, this is possible and this is why many successful online marketplaces invest millions of dollars in writing and SEO sector.
The elixir of writing product descriptions is to engage, persuade and sell at the end of the day. Though it looks quite simple, the language of ‘every man’s’ can be a bit difficult to give shape into your writing. Let’s simplify the things for you.
Here are quick and easy steps of writing product descriptions that will sell your product.
- Understand Customers’ Persona
Difficult but not impossible; known your customers’ behaviour and persona is a quintessential part of writing. It is not that persona description that found on memes pages about people based on demographics. To make an influential marketing campaign for your imaginary customer is to have the very insight of that person and infuse the same gist in your writing when to make him laugh, sentimental, and amaze. Tap to their feelings by having real demographic insights which will state what they love to read or websites most visited and etc.
Hit the reader’s attention with the customer-centric phrase and then tweak it with a product-centric goal.
- Transform Features Into Benefits
Be it a million dollar product or an item which is wrapped in gold or phone with unparallel software advantages and apps, the only thing that matters – how your product can make their life hassle free or better than before.
It has been noted that most potential and wise customers always search for meaningful products that are truly changing their life.
To get a better grip on this, jot down the prime facts and features of your product(s) and transform them into kind of benefits for the people you are targeting. You can state it as a benefit or can start your phrase with an issue to be avoided with your product. Don’t forget to use some strong references that will advocate for your product.
- Tonal Quality
Do you want to use some humour or flowery statements or pointed facts? Whatever be your writing style, always use tonal quality that your product seeks. For example – if you are writing for fashion apparels, you can use dreamy language; for quirky mugs or items, you can use drops of humour and for electronic products, you ought to use factual descriptions. Similarly, the tonal quality changes as per the product and the organisation or brand voice.
Factual doesn’t mean to be boring or stale language but always leave a tinge of style. Write in a way as if you are making a conversation with your buyer in real life.
- Magnetise Their Attention & Focus On Format
In a research, it has been found that the visitors read only 15% of the words on the web page. If you are using any social media to pitch your product, use a bold headline to state the direct benefit of the product and subheading to explain it. Here are quick tips to write descriptions for web pages:
- Can use two contrasting colours to mark the importance
- Break your sentences to Bullet Points (remember, your customer can’t spend a day on just reading)
- Use large font
- Give plenty space to white that will make them a calm reader
- Excellent web design supports content writing as well
- Write – Read – Edit
You ought to be a grammar Nazi to do justice in your writing. So, editing doesn’t mean to correct the typos or grammar errors but edit the tone till it sounds influential.
Here are quick tips:
- Check the features and benefits of your product once again and if you have written it or not. Arrange them in an order of their importance (according to your buyer).
- The word ‘you’ makes the buyer more comfortable than brand oriented words such as ‘we’ or ‘us’.
- Avoid using farrago language and stand with layman sentences to improve readability.
- It is fine to start your sentence with conjunctions.
- Factual information or tabulated format always scores more.
And most importantly, step inside the shoes of your buyer to understand your copy more vehemently.
- SEO Is The Purpose
- Use jargons of common people otherwise don’t use it.
- Use key phrase in the headline, sub-headlines and body text (with specific density).
- Too much SEO in writing is not great shake to sell to your buyers.
- Remember: Reader’s taste comes first and greet search engines later.
Tags: amazon product descriptions writing, clothing product descriptions writing, ebay product descriptions writing, ecommerce product descriptions writing, electronics product descriptions writing, online product descriptions writing, product descriptions writing, product descriptions writing expert, product descriptions writing services, writing product descriptions